South Asia Field Epidemiology and Technology Network (SAFETYNET), Nepal organized a Mentor Orientation Workshop at the meeting hall of the National Public Health Laboratory (NPHL) on July 27, 2023. Dr. Alden Henderson, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Atlanta, USA and Dr. Mallick Masum Billah, SAFETYNET, Nepal facilitated the mentor orientation.
A total of 29 mentors participated in the workshop. Among them, 10 were new mentors, and 15 were mentors from the district level. Dr. Alden delivered sessions on the value of FETP and the principles of mentoring in the FETP course. Mentors shared their utmost attitude to participate FETP as a mentor. Dr. Billah discussed improving the quality of FETP deliverables. Mentors were trained in communication and collaboration. Good discussion session was held on the challenges of mentoring and how to solve those challenges.
Dr. Rudra Prasad Marasini, Acting Director General, DoHS, Dr. Anuj Bhattachan, Director of NHTC and FETP course director, Nepal, were present in the opening ceremony of the FETP Mentor Orientation Workshop.
1. Group Photo of Participants, FETP Mentor Orientation Workshop, Nepal, July 2023.
2. Session by Dr. Alden Henderson, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Atlanta, USA
3. Speech by Dr. Rudra Prasad Marasini, Acting Director General, DoHS, Nepal
4. Group Works by FETP mentors
5. Group Works by FETP mentors
6. Group Works by FETP mentors
7. Dr. Anuj Bhattachan, Director of NHTC and FETP course director, Nepal presented a Token of Love to Dr. Alden Henderson