India 3x3 Frontline contact session one conducted in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, March 16-18, 2023
India Frontline 3x3 training is conducted by National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Delhi, to build the capacity of public health professionals in field epidemiology. The 1st contact session training of state health officials of Gujarat was conducted in the Ahmedabad district of Gujarat, which is the central district of the state.
37 government officials from 14 districts of Gujarat surrounding Ahmedabad attended the training from March 16-18, 2023: 11 were district surveillance officers, 14 were district epidemiologists, 11 were microbiologists, and one taluka(sub-divisional) health officer. Eight mentors from various medical colleges of the central districts also participated to give mentorship to the trainees. Facilitators were experts from NCDC, U.S CDC in India, and SAFETYNET India.
SAFETYNET has supported NCDC both technically and logistically for many 3x3 Frontline training cohorts. During this contact session, SAFETYNET program adviser for India, Dr. Sushma Choudhary, participated as a facilitator/trainer in the contact session.
#FETPIndia; #Frontline; #SAFETYNE; #contractsession
Group photo of all facilitators, mentors and trainees with:
· Dr. Sujeet Kumar Singh, Principal Advisor, NCDC
· Dr. Pranay Verma, Joint Director, IDSP, NCDC
· Dr. Meghna Desai, Country Director, CDC-India
· Dr. Jayesh Katira, Deputy Director Epidemic, Gujarat state health Department
· Dr. Jayesh Solanki, State Epidemiologist, Gujarat state health Department
· Dr. Joseph D Williams, Project Director, VHS-CDC Project
· Dr. Sukarma Tanwar, Public Health specialist, CDC-India
· Dr. Sushma Choudhary, SAFETYNET program advisor
Dr. Sushma Choudhary (SAFETYNET program advisor) facilitated the training session