Updated: Aug 27, 2021
Term of Reference for Admin Manager-
Field Epidemiology Training Program India
Position Name: Admin Manager
Position type: Full-time
No. of Positions: Two
Reporting to: FETP Course Coordinator, ICMR-National Institute of Epidemiology
SAFETYNET, or South Asia Field Epidemiology and Technology Network, Inc. is an organization that fosters collaboration and cooperation in disease prevention and control efforts among countries in the Asia Pacific region by supporting applied epidemiology programs and enhancing surveillance systems.
SAFETYNET cooperates with government, non-government, and international agencies to increase inter-regional exchange, expertise sharing, and inter-agency and interdisciplinary collaborations to build applied epidemiology capacity among Asian nations. SAFETYNET supports frontline, intermediate and advance epidemiology training.
SAFETYNET is committed to supporting the countries in running FETP programs and thus is looking forward to recruiting highly qualified persons for the position of Admin Manager
To provide administrative support to Field Epidemiology Training Programs at National Institute of Epidemiology, Chennai, s/he is expected to undertake the following activities related to the FETP work:
1. Plan, coordinate and manage all administrative procedures and systems
2. Performs liaison work with pertinent offices on smooth implementation of the program
3. Screening and routing incoming mail, documents and reports to the supervisor with complete background information, ensure its distribution and follows-up on deadlines;
4. Taking/transcribing non-technical correspondence using MS Office
5. Drafting correspondence on routine matters on own initiative or from brief instruction;
6. Arranging appointments for project staff, receiving visitors, placing and screening, telephone calls, and responding to common requests for information;
7. Reviewing and following up any recommendation relating to facilitators, field supervisors and training officials
8. Maintaining general hard copy and electronic project filling system;
9. Assisting in searching, compiling and maintaining information relevant to the program, maintaining appropriate follow-up system on the status of program implementation;
10. Providing support in the arrangements for meetings, workshops and training courses, including preparation of training materials; take notes at meetings as a basis for minutes;
11. Performing necessary administrative actions related to SAFETYNET issues, finance, procurement and supplies, staff, travel, project agreements and follow-up as needed;
12. Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor’s or Post Graduation Degree in any discipline
Experience and Skills:
1. Administrative officers must have excellent communication written/oral, leadership and decision-making and team handling skills.
2. Must know work experience with advance word processing/spreadsheet including MS word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, and other related application