Updated: Aug 27, 2021
Term of Reference for Accounts Manager-
Field Epidemiology Training Program India
Position Name: Accounts Manager
Position type: Full-time
No. of Positions: One
Reporting to: FETP Course Coordinator, ICMR-National Institute of Epidemiology
SAFETYNET, or South Asia Field Epidemiology and Technology Network, Inc. is an organization that fosters collaboration and cooperation in disease prevention and control efforts among countries in the Asia Pacific region by supporting applied epidemiology programs and enhancing surveillance systems.
SAFETYNET cooperates with government, non-government, and international agencies to increase inter-regional exchange, expertise sharing, and inter-agency and interdisciplinary collaborations to build applied epidemiology capacity among Asian nations. SAFETYNET supports frontline, intermediate and advance epidemiology training.
SAFETYNET is committed to supporting the countries in running FETP programs and thus is looking forward to recruiting highly qualified persons for the position of Accounts Manager
To provide support on managing accounts and financial transactions to FETP Training at National Institute of Epidemiology, Chennai, as an accounts manager, s/he is expected to undertake the following activities related to the FETP work:
1. Manage day-to-day accounting operations and ensure a redundant process backup is in place for every critical operation.
2. Follow up the day-to-day activities like payment of bills, passing cheques to vendors.
3. Knowledge of payroll activities like verification of attendance, Income Tax and other statutory compliance
4. Maintain Cashbook, Imprest, Project registers.
5. Maintain BRS statement every month.
6. Maintain Earnest Money Deposit, Security Deposit in the form of Cash and Bank Guarantee.
7. Periodical renewals of Project activities like Fund position, Quarterly/Monthly reports.
8. Knowledge of preparing Annual Accounts, Statement of Expenditure, Utilization Certificate for the project
9. Knowledge in comparing actual income or expenditure to budgetary income or expenditure to identify whether or not corrective action is required
10. Knowledge of preparing Audit reports and Reply and co-ordinate the audit activities (Internal, CAG, Different Funding agencies and Foreign)
11. Preparation of financial reports to governmental agencies, including quarterly and annual reports to the Funding Agencies in the prescribed format like GFR-12-A etc.
12. Maintain Project funding files, Vouchers, Payroll register, Cashbook, Cheque Registers
13. Knowledge of Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 2010 and Payment Management System & Grant Solutions, raising fund request and submission of Quarterly/Annual Reports online.
14. Prepare and submit financial data as documentation of expenditure and unobligated balances through the Federal Financial Reports (FFR) on a timely basis.
15. Regular review of project A/c Expenditure along with the sanctioned budget limits to avoid overutilization of the budget
16. Timely submission of MIS reports to the management and funding agencies.
17. Mail follow-up, Preparing notes, letters, orders, Circulars, OMs, etc
18. Other work instructed by higher officer accordingly
Bachelor’s or Post Graduation Degree in any discipline
Experience and Skills:
1. Accounts manager must have knowledge of work experience with advance word processing/spreadsheet including MS word, MS Excel and MS powerpoint, Tally ERP.9, and other related application
2. Minimum 5 years of work experience in the relevant field
3. Knowledge of GFR 2017 and other office procedures
4. Knowledge in Payroll activities and statutory obligations.
5. Relevant work experience in working with Ministries and other Government Departments/International projects.
6. Experience with financial reporting requirements like Statement of Expenditure, Utilization Certificate as requested by Funding Agencies in a prescribed format like GFR-12-A etc
7. Knowledge about SFACTS software.
8. Experience in handling Internal, C&AG, UNDP, WHO and Foreign Funded Audit.
9. Knowledge of FCRA regulations, compliances
10. Experience in working on Payment Management systems & Grant solutions.
11. Experience in carrying out Recruitment process – Knowledge of Recruitment procedures.
12. Experience in maintaining Reservation Roaster.
13. Experience in conducting seminars and workshops.
14. Experience in e-Office/e-Governance.
15. Experience in handling service matters and Office records.
The remuneration will be INR 35000/- per month (taxable as per GOI rules). Travel allowance and per diem will be paid for work-related travel as per NIE travel policy.
Please submit your application and CV to email@example.com