The Task Force for Global Health (TFGH) is a non-profit public health agency founded nearly 40 years ago to advance health equity. We work with partners in more than 150 countries to eliminate diseases, ensure access to vaccines and essential medicines, and strengthen health systems to protect populations.
As a part of its work supporting the recovery of immunization systems in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, the TFGH is supporting outbreak responses in a range of LMICs through short-term national and sub-national technical assistance. To this end, the Task Force for Global Health is recruiting short-term consultants for work in a number of countries of sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. We are looking for a variety of specialized skills in epidemiology and data management. Assignments will be from 1 to 6 months, depending on the need of the country, and will be a mix of in-person and virtual work.
Contract terms will depend on the skill levels and experience required by the assignment.
The following skill sets are being sought:
● Doctorate level degree in medicine with later master’s level or equivalent in
epidemiology, or a doctorate in public health, epidemiology, or similar field.
● 10+ years of experience in international public health.
● Experience working with ministries of health and international partners.
● Specialized knowledge and experience in working with surveillance system design
including routine monitoring and outbreak detection systems.
● Experience in the use and interpretation of surveillance data for policy making and
Role and duties:
● Serve as a short-term advisor for a partner country ministry of health, department of
epidemiology on the design and function of their surveillance system.
● Work in partnership with WHO, Africa CDC, TEPHINET and other international agencies.
● Train and mentor junior staff of the relevant ministry of health and the Task Force for
Global Health on surveillance strategies and data use.
● Provide advice and recommendations on the display of data and contents of data
dashboards and epidemiology bulletins.
● Advanced degree in biostatistics.
● 5+ years of work experience working with public health data sets; international
● Experience with analyzing and creating visuals of surveillance data.
● Ability to create and automate standard metrics from surveillance data, including
trends, averages, confidence intervals, and thresholds.
● Ability and demonstrated competence in designing automated systems for measuring
Role and duties:
● Provide technical short-term support for partner country ministries of health, providing
support for the analysis of surveillance data, establishing trends and thresholds, and
providing visuals for data.
● Support the creation or improvement of data dashboards incorporating the results of
● Provide support for the automation of routine analyses where feasible and appropriate.
● Mentor and train local staff to continue the work started by the consultant.
● Establish systems for automated calculation of performance monitoring metrics in data
systems, including visualization in accessible dashboards.
For more information or to express interest in one of the above positions, please contact Dora Curry at firstname.lastname@example.org