The National Health Training Center (NHTC), Nepal started the training of the fourth cohort of the FETP Frontline on August 23, 2023. The 1st contact session training of the fourth cohort was conducted at Sagarmata Hall of the National Health Training Center (NHTC), Kathmandu, Nepal.
Total of 19 government officials from seven provinces attended the training from April 8 – 13, 2023; 3 were from municipalities, 12 were from districts, and 4 were from provincial directorates. 20 mentors from various public health backgrounds and expertise also provided mentorship to the trainees. The facilitators were FETP first cohort graduates, experts from academicians, and SAFETYNET Nepal.
SAFETYNET has been supporting the Ministry of Health and Population (MoHP), Nepal to run the FETP frontline both technically and logistically since May 2022. The SAFETYNET country head for Nepal, Dr. Mallick Masum Billah, coordinated and provided technical support to the contact session.
1. Group Photo of FETP fellows with FETP program Director Nepal
2. Dr, Anuj Bhattachan, Director, NHTC and FETP Program Director, delivered session to FETP frontline fellows, Nepal.
3. Professor Anand Ballav Joshi, Former Professor of the Institute of Medicine, Nepal facilitated the training session
4. Dr. Roshan Dhakal, medical office of EDCD and FETP graduate, Nepal facilitating one of the training sessions
5. Dr. Mallick Masum Billah, resident advisor, FETP Nepal, delivering session.