Updated: Aug 27
Term of Reference for Program Manager -
Field Epidemiology Training Program India
Position Name: Program Manager
Position type: Full-time
No. of Positions: One
Reporting to: FETP Course Coordinator, ICMR-National Institute of Epidemiology
SAFETYNET , or South Asia Field Epidemiology and Technology Network, Inc. is an organization that fosters collaboration and cooperation in disease prevention and control efforts among countries in the Asia Pacific region by supporting applied epidemiology programs and enhancing surveillance systems.
SAFETYNET cooperates with government, non-government, and international agencies to increase inter-regional exchange, expertise sharing, and inter-agency and interdisciplinary collaborations to build applied epidemiology capacity among Asian nations. SAFETYNET supports frontline, intermediate and advance epidemiology training.
SAFETYNET is committed to supporting the countries in running FETP programs and thus is looking forward to recruiting highly qualified persons for the position of Program Manager
To provide program support to FETP training at National Institute of Epidemiology, Chennai, s/he is expected to undertake the following activities related to the FETP work:
1. Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
2. Ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams
3. Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes
4. Sound development and approvals skills
5. Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
6. Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects about the programme
7. The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
8. Manage schedules and deadlines
9. Identify the process bottlenecks and solve
10. Organize and supervise the office activities
Master’s degree in Public Administration / Management and eight years experience in the middle–level executive position in a Government agency or organization or private institution of repute.
PhD. in management and experience in large organizations
The remuneration will be INR 1,00,000/- per month (taxable as per GOI rules). Travel allowance and per diem will be paid for work-related travel as per NIE travel policy.
Please submit your application and CV to email@example.com